Thursday, December 17, 2009

10 Simple Health Practices: 5. Change Your Clothes Daily

I’m sure since young as a kid, we have all been taught by our mothers to change our clothes every day. Just like brushing your teeth and bathing, it has become a habitual routine that all of us have been inculcated to do. However, ironically as we grow older, we tend to defy those habits and practices that our parents have instilled in us. I myself know of some people who wear the same clothes for the whole of a week and others maybe once every few days. Don’t ask me whether they stink or not, thankfully, I’ve never got a chance to get near them. Anyway, I wouldn’t want to either. Do you? Unless you’re also in that gaggle, which I hope not, then that’s another story.

Well, as far as I’m concerned, I’ve compiled my reasons for changing clothes every day:

1. Free yourself of germs and bacteria
Changing clothes on a daily basis keeps you free of germs and bacteria that may be lingering on your clothes as a result of exposure to the environment. This is especially so if you are working at a typical construction site where there are millions and billions of dust particles floating about in the surrounding atmosphere. Even for those of you working in air-conditioned rooms don’t ever think that you’re safe. No matter where we are, there is still bound to be dust in the air.

2. Free yourself of unpleasant body odour
The beads of sweat and perspiration accumulated and absorbed by your garments will give off a pungent smell over time. Therefore wearing the same piece of garment repeatedly for long periods of time is likely to cause body odour. You wouldn’t want people to shun and practise “ostracism” against you, would you?

3. Chance to showcase your wardrobe
On a personal note, changing clothes everyday is a good chance for me to showcase my wardrobe. It tells people about my fashion sense and personality. Moreover, wearing different set of clothes everyday increases my self-confidence as well. Calling out to the ladies out there, I’m sure you’d agree to this point, don’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment