Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lose Fats by Dancing

Have you ever wondered why after many exercises and workouts, you may have lost weight and lost fats but you may not be enjoying it?

Dancing is a great way to lose weight, but more importantly, it is really a great way to have fun and let yourself loose. I have always idolized the late Michael Jackson. I must say each time I look at him dance; he seems to be having the time of his life. Through dancing on the stage, he is able to generate a lot of stage presence and charisma that can move audiences to dance and shed tears. I used to dislike dancing because I thought that I was not a good dancer. But after watching Michael Jackson’s passionate dances, I became inspired to dance and also found out that it was a great way to lose weight.

Here are 10 benefits why you should dance:

  1. To de-stress and let loose
  2. Lose weight fast
  3. Strengthens bones
  4. Improve muscle tone & coordination
  5. Increase energy
  6. Improves cardiovascular system
  7. Lowers risk of heart disease
  8. Reduce blood pressure & cholesterol levels
  9. Improves blood circulation
  10. Increase flexibility and balance

I have a friend who shared with me the importance of stretching before dancing. This friend of mine, who is a professional dancer, mentioned to me that dancing is all about tempo. In order to gain the tempo, your muscles must be loose and relaxed. Stretching makes a great difference to loosening the muscles. In fact, that is the main reason why dancing is a common exercise where people get injured; lack of stretching. When it comes to stretching, always start slow and steady. I try to slowly stretch more and more and hold on for 45-50 seconds each time I stretch a particular area.

Dancing also provides a great channel for self-expression. Sometimes when I feel creative, I would just dance wildly in my own room. Now, that may sound silly but it helps! It makes me feel happier and joyful. It also allows me to express how I feel. All of us will have our artistic moments. If you are not sure on how to express it, dancing will do it for you.

Finally, dancing is very personal. Some people prefer tango, some prefer ballroom dancing, some prefer hip hop. The styles are endless. It is not like jogging where you stick to putting one foot in front of the other. The, of course, dancing can also be used to build good relationships with your partner as well as friends.

The next time you want something fun and exciting, look no further than dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment