Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lose Fats by Cycling

In our quest to lose fats and gain that slimmer body, we know we must exercise. We will be exploring several interesting activities that will help you burn the fats away without being too boring or painful.

In order to lose weight, we have to burn more calories than we consume. Thus one of my favourite exercises is cycling. Whenever I drop by East Coast Park, I make it a point to cycle for at least 2 hours. It is an efficient form of exercise as I can go on for 2 hours without feeling very tired and it burns a great deal of calories. Active cycling at a moderate speed burns around 600 calories per hour.

Our goal in cycling is not to win a race but simply to be able to cycle for a couple of hours at a time and a couple of times weekly. The key is consistency. I used to cycle only twice a week but now after keeping to this habit, I am now able to comfortably cycle much longer distances and for a longer time. Each week I try to extend my route a little longer and I actually managed to increase it up to 10 km within a month.

Here are 3 reasons why I love to cycle:

1. To De-Stress

As a fellow Singaporean, I understand that life can be really stressful due to the fast pace of life and sometimes we simply do not have the motivation or the drive to workout. However, cycling is actually a very good way to de-stress. Each time I cycle, I can feel the fresh breeze blowing at me while I zoom by at high speed. And the faster I go, the more enjoyable it becomes. It is very therapeutic and it keeps my body and mind rejuvenated. I can let loose my thoughts and worries and it makes me smile.

2. Non-Repetitive

Unlike other static exercises like sit-ups, you get to choose your own cycling route. Thus when I get on my bike, I always cycle around parks and other scenic routes. Sometimes to make it more enjoyable, I also encourage my friends to join me in cycling. It not only gives me a good workout, but it also gives me a good reason to ask my friends out and we can have an enjoyable time together. Cycling with friends simply makes your routine exercise more enjoyable.

3. Fast Results

The best part of cycling is that the results are pretty quick. I was very surprised to note that I lost 5 kg while cycling consistently for a month while maintaining my usual diet. I can also feel that my leg muscles are being worked on. Actually the best way to burn off fats is to gain more muscles. Most women are afraid of gaining muscles for obvious reasons. But strengthening your legs would only serve you better aesthetic-wise. I mean guys will always admire nice trim legs.

Hope that you can see the many benefits of cycling. When combined with natural supplements to help control your fat and sugar absorption, this is a fun way to lose fats.

No comments:

Post a Comment